We know and understand that several of our patients who need root canal therapy automatically become scared and fearful of the procedure. However, our trained and experienced dentists of Smiles at Reston Town Center do our absolute best to make your root canal appointment as comfortable and anxiety-free as possible.
What is root canal therapy?
Some patients need root canal therapy when their teeth have become so damaged with decay that there’s no other treatment options to solve their dental problem. This can happen from years of neglect, and unhealthy, inconsistent oral care at home.
- When the pulp (the living part of your tooth) becomes severely damaged (from decay and infection), your tooth will die, increasing the chances of the infection spreading.
- The root canal procedure is performed to eliminate the infection so that you won’t have to extract your problem tooth.
If your teeth become so badly damaged (decay, trauma, chipped teeth, etc), then the chances increase that harmful bacteria can gain access to your root.
- When this happens, an abscess or an infection of the bone can occur, and this is when patients typically experience pain and discomfort.
- This type of infection can also cause damage to your overall health if it spreads to other parts of your body and in your bloodstream.
- Additionally, you can suffer from tooth loss.
Now you can see why you should not procrastinate when taking care of your heavily decayed teeth with root canal therapy. Hopefully you can also see the importance of getting your routine teeth cleaning every six months!
What can you expect from root canal therapy?
Our dental team are able to thoroughly repair and clean the inside center of your tooth where the harmful bacteria is breeding. Doing so can prevent further decay from causing extensive damage to the pulp and nerves.
Here is what you can expect from root canal therapy at Smiles at Reston Town Center:
- We will completely numb your problem tooth.
- Our trained dentists will remove the pulp and nerve of the tooth.
- We will thoroughly clean the inside of your problem tooth, and then re-seal it.
- To help repair the tooth’s center, our dentists will place a special filling inside.
- To create a natural-looking tooth, our skilled dentists will place a temporary crown on top of your problem tooth (until the new crown is created).
Rest assured, Our dental team are skilled and experienced to perform the root canal procedure with accuracy and speed. That way, you can experience a more anxiety-free, speedier procedure!
Choose sedation dentistry for your root canal procedure!
In addition, we offer sedation dentistry to further diminish your dental fears and anxieties. Our dentists offer different types of sedation, including:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- Oral conscious sedation
- IV sedation
- General anesthesia
Your dental care will be in excellent hands with our board certified anesthesiologists. You will receive safe and effective sedation medications so you will remain comfortable and anxiety-free throughout your root canal procedure.
With sedation dentistry, you no longer have to worry about undergoing a painful, frightening root canal procedure. Sedation allows you to fight your fears and banish your dental anxieties in order to get the dental care you need and deserve.
Don’t risk your health any longer!
We hope that you now realize the importance and criticality of getting the root canal procedure right away if you need to do so. This will lessen your chances of harming the rest of your body and your oral health, too.
the dental team of Smiles at Reston Town Center are ready to create healthy teeth and gums for you and your family. Rest assured, we are committed to providing top-notch dentistry with a personal touch, treating you like one of our own family members. We provide several spa-like amenities to help you feel comfortable and relaxed during your appointments.
To opt for an anxiety-free root canal procedure, or to schedule your consultation appointment, the first step is calling our office at 703-437-0007.